Each year, Tricounty Rural Electric sponsors a high school sophomore or junior student to attend the Rural Electric Cooperatives’ all expenses paid Youth Tour trip to Washington, D.C. in June. The winner will accompany approximately 1,800 other students from across the country for a week in Washington. Here, they visit many famous historical monuments, including:
- The Capitol Building
- Library of Congress
- Gettysburg battlefield
- Arlington National Cemetery
- War memorials, including Word War II and the Vietnam War
- Kennedy Center for Performing Arts
- Smithsonian Institution
- Lincoln Memorial
And MUCH more — plus meet with U.S. Representative and Senators and forge lasting friendships.
This leadership trip gives students a firsthand look at our nation's rich history, as well as teaching them about the cooperative business model and community service.
How can you be part of this opportunity?
- You must be a current sophomore or junior when filling out the attached form.
- Your parents or legal guardian must receive service at their permanent residence from Tricounty Rural Electric Cooperative.
- Interested students must complete and return a test provided by Tricounty Rural Electric Cooperative by Feb. 28.
- You may print the attached form, fill out, and mail or email to: Tricounty Rural Electric, P.O. Box 100, Malinta, OH 43535 or email@example.com.
Click here for Youth Tour form.
After submitting your application form, Tricounty Rural Electric Cooperative will then mail the test and test booklet to you to be returned by Feb. 28. The 2020 Youth Tour is June 19-25.