SmartHub is Tricounty’s free online bill payment system which allows you to monitor your energy usage, receive important alerts, and more. If you are new to paying your bill online, you will need to create a SmartHub account. However, it’s super easy, and our friendly staff will gladly assist you. Just have your account number on hand.
Our goal is to provide you with account access on demand for your mobile devices, tablets, and computers to save you time in your busy life.
- Provides 24-hour access to account(s)
- Sends e-mail notifications when a new bill is generated
- Special Alerts
- Pay electronically using credit card or an electronic check transaction
- Displays payment posting in real time
- Provides current and historical billing information and payment history
- Outlines daily, monthly, and annual energy usage in graphs
- Includes a free app for your smartphone or tablet, available on both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Once the app is open, type in “Tricounty Rural Electric Cooperative” as the provider. (The login information is the same for both the web and mobile app.)
- Allows you to enroll in Paperless Billing.
- Multiple accounts can pay with a single payment.
How to Sign Up for SmartHub
- On a web browser
- On the SmartHub app (Apple or Android)
For help or more information, call Member Services at 419-256-7900 any time between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Pay Now provides an online payment alternative to SmartHub
- Easy online bill payment, no registration required to login
- Streamlines the quick payment process, use your electric account number and mailing zip code to access your account for payment
- If a match is found, the Pay Now Account Screen will be displayed with details of amount due
- If a match is not found, you will receive an error message
- Pay the total amount due or change the Pay Amount field to make a partial payment
- No stored payment information, credit card or checking account information entered each time a payment is made
Click here to access Pay Now.
Please call 800-421-0283 or 715-646-2191, option 7, to speak with an electric billing representative if you have questions.
Tricounty makes it easy to pay your monthly electric bill automatically by signing up for Direct Payment.
You will continue to receive your billing statement each month so you know how much your bill is, and so you can record the amount in your bank record. Each month, on the due date of your bill (usually the 25th), the amount of your net bill will be deducted from your bank account.
It's a convenient way to pay your electric bill without writing a check. You save the cost of a check, postage, inconvenience and the possibility of forgetting to pay or incurring a late charge for late payment. Best of all, there is no charge for this service.
To sign up for Direct Pay, fill out the Direct Payment Form and send it to our office at:
P.O. Box 100
Malinta, OH 43535
Be sure to include a voided check or deposit slip for the account you wish to have your bill paid from.
Continue to pay your bill until your bill reads "Bank Draft Payment."
When paying through the U.S. Postal Service, please allow time for bill to arrive by the due date.
Mail the bottom portion of your bill and check to:
Tricounty Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc.
P.O. Box 100
Malinta, OH 43535
Tricounty Rural Electric consumers may now pay their bill with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit card. To make your payment by phone, please call 1-855-313-7465, 24 hours a day.
The automated phone service will assist you on paying your bill. There is a monthly minimum payment amount of $25 and a monthly maximum payment amount of $1,000. Please have your Tricounty account number ready, along with the credit card number and expiration date.
You may also pay your bill with a credit or debit card at Tricounty Electric's office Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
You may pay your bill at the cooperative office:
8945 CR K2
Malinta, Ohio 43535
Our business hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM.
For your convenience, you may place your payment in the drop box, located at the right side of the front door of the office.
Tricounty Rural Electric Cooperative offers a budget billing option. This option gives you a convenient way to plan your budget by allowing you to level your payments each month. This is especially designed for consumers with an all-electric home with bills much higher in the winter as compared to the other months.
The monthly budget amount is based on a 12-month consumption history. Tricounty Electric bills the member a level amount based on the past usage history. It continually adds the current month usage, dropping the oldest 12-month usage to reflect a new budget amount.
The member must receive power from the cooperative for at least 12 months prior to the budget billing option being offered. The twelve-month history must also show net payments being received by the 25th of each month to qualify.
The member must pay the net level billed amount by the 25th of each month. Failure to make net payments on time will automatically remove the member from the budget billing program. Budget billing may be cancelled by either party with a 30-day advance notice.
Please call Tricounty Electric at 419-256-7900 to see if your account qualifies for Budget Billing. If approved, print this form, sign, and return to Tricounty Rural Electric.